What to Do if Your Employer Wrongfully Accuses You of Theft at Work

No one wants to be accused of theft, especially when the accusation is incorrect and could potentially impact a significant portion of your everyday life. A theft accusation in the workplace could result in several consequences you don’t deserve, including reduced pay, strikes toward termination, changes in job title or responsibilities, and a general change in workplace demeanor. If you have been wrongfully accused of theft in the workplace, you may not know what steps to take next if you want to reduce these penalties.

These kinds of circumstances can result in severe stress and confusion, but Hayes Law, PLLC may be able to offer you extensive support and assistance. We know how difficult the legal process can feel, and we dedicate ourselves to protecting your rights. Our theft attorney has extensive experience with criminal defense law, including proving innocence whenever possible during legal processes. Furthermore, our clients trust us to work hard toward bringing them fantastic results, as we have access to numerous resources, strategies, and tools that benefit them.

What Should You Do if You Are Accused of Theft at Work in New Hampshire?

We have a couple of steps for you to consider if you are accused of theft in the workplace. These can be helpful if you wish to reduce penalties you may face and legal issues cannot be solved internally. Whether the accusation is justified or not, these steps are vital to protecting yourself from the worst consequences and maintaining a sense of normalcy in your routine.

Speak With a Theft Defense Attorney

Before you speak with anyone else, especially if your employer plans to take legal action, we recommend you speak with a theft defense attorney in New Hampshire. Working with a lawyer is essential for outlining a general strategy for best practices, especially if you want to avoid accidental incriminating statements.

Your attorney can help you in several ways throughout the legal process, completing and filing paperwork, avoiding mistakes, maintaining your schedule and appointments, and collecting and analyzing evidence related to your case. We also suggest you speak with and retain a lawyer as soon as possible to improve your chances of success during the legal process.

While it may feel tempting to represent yourself during legal matters, we recommend you refrain from this. You may accidentally misrepresent or incriminate yourself, damage your likelihood of success, or worsen the consequences you might face. Your attorney is far more likely to represent you fairly and favorably, help you walk away with a victory, and reduce or eliminate your potential penalties.

Get Everything in Writing

If your employer accuses you of theft and threatens legal action, we recommend you get all the information you can in writing. For example, try to get an email from your employer on the topic of the accusation and see if you can better understand their justifications. Getting everything in writing is essential in the evidence-collection process, especially if you are forced to participate in legal processes. However, we strongly recommend you do not admit to any behaviors or respond in any way that might reflect poorly on you.

Wrongfully Accused of Theft in New Hampshire? Work With Hayes Law, PLLC to Protect Your Rights Today

If you have been incorrectly accused of theft in a New Hampshire workplace, you will likely benefit from speaking with the theft defense lawyer at Hayes Law, PLLC. Our theft defense attorney has the trust of several clients around New Hampshire, and he has the knowledge and experience to set the record straight on your behalf.

To contact us, you can reach us by calling (603) 821-9438 or completing our contact form at your earliest convenience. By contacting us, you can discuss your case, express any concerns, and collect additional helpful information relevant to your case. We look forward to working with you and protecting your rights.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *